What is Crash Data Retrieval?
The Australian Automobile Association, report that there are some 600 000 road accidents a year in Australia costing the economy in the region of $27 billion annually of this 27% is attributed to vehicle repair and 11% to insurance administration and legal fees. Additionally of millions is paid in compulsory third party injury and long-care claims.
Crash Data Retrieval (CDR) relies upon an instrument installed in most passenger cars, 4wd's, and trucks called anevent data recorder (EDR). By using Crash Data Retrieval you can:
- Obtain pre-crash and crash data from vehicles
- Obtain crash severity data
- Develop a more accurate and detailed assessment of speed analysis/crash
- Obtain accurate data for collision reconstruction
- Make determinations if certain crash scenarios are possible
- Make rapid decisions on potentially fraudulent claims
- Quickly make accurate, defensible determinations where liability is questioned
- Determine contributory negligence